Employment Type: Full-time Permanent
Anticipated Start Date: January 2017
Deadline to Apply: January 2, 2017 (by 5:00PM PST)
Are you an events maven with a knack for problem-solving? Are you a resourceful and organized self-starter motivated by your professionalism and can-do attitude? Are you a cheerful wrangler of details and logistics? Are you a hard worker that thrives in a fun, educational team environment? If so, you may be a great fit for the position of Office Administrator / Internal Events Coordinator with the Vancouver Economic Commission.
As the City of Vancouver’s agency for economic development, the Vancouver Economic Commission (VEC) works to position Vancouver as a globally recognised city for innovative, creative and sustainable business. We do this by strengthening Vancouver’s Tech, Digital Entertainment and Green Economy sectors through strategic programs and initiatives that address each stage of the business growth continuum. The VEC’s work includes advising business leaders; connecting businesses to talent, capital and markets; and promoting Vancouver as a premier destination for smart talent, capital and business.
The VEC’s office space houses a Presentation Centre in which workshops, meetings and roundtables take place. In addition to working with other VEC staff to coordinate the details surrounding use of the Presentation Centre, the Office Administrator is the first point of contact in the office and key to ensuring smooth day-to-day operations of the Vancouver Economic Commission’s office environment.
- Perform general office administration duties, including phone / front desk reception duties and purchasing office supplies
- Coordinate Boardroom / Presentation Centre meetings, events, and roundtables
- Liaise with office and IT suppliers to ensure the ongoing maintenance and updating of information systems & infrastructure
- Work in partnership with other members of the VEC team on position-related and other ad hoc tasks, and act in timely response to staff and organization needs
Required Skills and Experience
- Diploma in Business Administration / Minimum 5 years working experience in Office Administration and Event Planning, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge or proven experience with event logistics such as planning, security, budgeting & quality control
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with devotion to accuracy and attention to detail
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, professional attitude and administrative acumen
- Superior problem-solving, foresight and initiative – the ability to forecast operational needs and take appropriate action
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM
- Ability to speak, read or write second language(s)
- Experience with Creative Adobe Suite
- Photography/Videography-related skills
Please ensure you include a cover letter with your resume, and address your application to Cathy Williams via email@example.com. We welcome any supporting documents or portfolio work you feel would be relevant to the position.