The Vancouver Economic Commission (VEC) is the economic development agency for the City of Vancouver. It works to strengthen Vancouver’s economic future by supporting local companies, promoting trade & investment, and operating programs and projects that assist in strengthening key sectors in technology, digital media, film &TV, and the Green Economy. VEC works collaboratively to position Vancouver as a global destination for innovative, creative, diverse and sustainable development.
We are seeking a unique and experienced individual that has business experience in the Tech Sector as well as functional experience in partnership management to join our team of experts dedicated to Vancouver’s economic diversification and resilience.
Job Title: Partnerships & Tech Sector Development Manager
Report to: Director of Corporate & Sector Development
Deadline: November 5th, at 5pm EPT
The Partnerships & Tech Sector Development Manager is responsible for building and maintaining a broad, sustainable base of financial support for VEC programs and Tech Sector Business Development, including being the Technology Sector Development Manager which includes programs for business development, talent, and capital attraction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements the fund development strategy, proposal management, partner relationship and retention activities of the Vancouver Economic Commission.
- Develops and manages high-value and long-term partnerships that align with organizational priorities.
- Proactively picks up on funding opportunities
Business Development, Talent & Capital Attraction – Tech Sector
- Monitors Vancouver’s business and investment environment and ecosystem development.
- Acts as project lead for all foreign direct investment related programs, projects and events; managing internal and external teams and stakeholders.
- Delivers and hosts talent and capital attraction programs.
- Briefs Senior Management on tech sector trends, policies and other business intelligence. Advances the organization as a valued strategic partner for our funders.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in a relevant field (tech, business, finance etc.).
- 5 years of experience working in business and fund development.
- Experience in building relationships with and servicing C-level suite stakeholders.
- Strong experience in stakeholder negotiations and client management.
- Understanding of the economic environment within Vancouver.
- Program management experience, regarding economic development and technology programming
- Expert presentation skills – comfortable leading workshops and industry meetings and events.
Based in the heart of downtown, VEC respectfully acknowledges that it is located on the unceded ancestral territories of the Musqueam, Tsleil-Waututh and Squamish nations.
How to Apply
Please apply through Indeed with you LinkedIn, resume and cover letter by November 5th, at 5:00PM PT. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted by VEC.