Construction is undeniably changing. This is clear from the significant regulatory changes over the past few years, such as the BC Energy Step Code, to industry trends towards greater digitalization and industrialization.
Many challenges and opportunities, such as an ageing workforce and increased urban density and infrastructure development, lie on the horizon.
Recognizing the unique intersection of policy, trends, and the potential for leadership, the Vancouver Regional Construction Association (VRCA) Vancouver Economic Commission (VEC), and the Zero Emissions Building Exchange (ZEBx) are partnering on a series of webinars for leaders in the construction industry. For more details on this six-part series click here.
You are invited to attend the first session of the “Competitive Edge” series. This opening session will set the context for the rest of the series, including a high-level overview of major changes coming to the construction sector in Vancouver and BC in the next decade.
Key points of discussion will include:
- Major regulatory changes coming this decade
- Advances in industry trends and best practices
- New resources, partnerships, and initiatives working to build construction sector capacity
- George Benson, Sector Manager, Built Environment, Vancouver Economic Commission
- Jason Glue, President, JG Strategies
- Roberto Pecora, Director of Programs, Zero Emissions Building Exchange
This is a ticketed event:
- Members: $29
- Non-members: $49
Register through the Vancouver Regional Construction Association event page.