2017 has brought significant immigration law changes in Canada and the U.S., with leaders on both sides of the border looking to put their stamp on their respective immigration systems. With the increasingly restrictive U.S. immigration climate, Canada is well-positioned as a place for individuals to grow their careers and for companies to develop their talent. This seminar will provide an overview of key developments in Canadian and U.S. immigration law within the last 6 months, as well as examine the interplay between immigration regimes on a cross-border basis.
The topics to be addressed at this seminar include:
- The Global Skills Strategy after 3 months
- The new BC PNP tech initiative
- Express Entry updates
- Changes to the Labour Market Impact Assessment process
- Canada-Europe Comprehensive Economic Trade Agreement roll-out
- Analysis of foreign national talent demographics in the US
- Scrutiny of business travelers
- H-1B climate
- Presidential Proclamation (Travel Ban)
- NAFTA re-negotiations
Please note that breakfast and networking begins at 8:00AM and the workshop runs from 8:30AM to 9:30AM.