Join us at SFU’s 2018 Community Summit
This panel conversation event will focus on the future of employment in Metro Vancouver, and planning for the employment lands that support the regional economy. What are the trends and issues related to employment in various sectors in Metro Vancouver, and how does land use planning, regulation, and market demand affect the future of work regionally? How will we thrive in this changing regional economy?
VEC Director Bryan Buggey and fellow panelists will provide brief presentations on emerging trends which will be followed with an in-depth audience question and answer period and table discussions. Staff from the City of Vancouver will also be on hand to to participate and hear your input on policy and planning issues related to employment and industry planning in Metro Vancouver.
This event is being co-organized by SFU Public Square and the City of Vancouver.
The speakers for this event are:
- Opening remarks: Heather McNell, Director of Regional Planning, Metro Vancouver & Gil Kelley, General Manager of Planning, Urban Design, and Sustainability, City of Vancouver
- Moderator: Gordon Price, Former Director of SFU City Program and Former Vancouver City Councillor
- Peter Hall, Professor & Director of SFU Urban Studies Program
- Shachi Kurl, Executive Director, Angus Reid Institute
- Andrew Petrozzi, Principal & Vice-Principal, Research (B.C.), Avison Young
- Bryan Buggey, Director, Strategic Initiatives & Sector Development, Vancouver Economic Commission