The circular economy offers many opportunities to values-driven entrepreneurs, and entrepreneurship is pivotal to realizing the full potential a more regenerative system has to offer.
Instead of today’s take–make–waste linear model of production, the circular economy is regenerative by design.
The circular economy efficiently utilizes natural capital and prioritizes the redesign and reuse of products at the end of their lifecycle. It is therefore a central pillar for a more sustainable future, and innovation and entrepreneurship are pivotal to making it a reality.
While the “why” of circularity is undoubtedly understood and acknowledged, this session will focus on “how” it may be achieved or leveraged by some of Vancouver’s most forward-thinking circular entrepreneurs and investors.
We invite you to join VEC’s own Brianna Bishop, who will be moderating a panel comprised of three Vancouver-based leaders who will be sharing their experiences as pioneers where circular economy leadership intersects with the innovation ecosystem.
Some of the topics covered will include:
- Candid accounts from circular businesses who have successfully scaled
- Innovative applications of traditional monetization models
- The role of circularity as an investment pillar
- The readiness required to access certain levels of capital in this space
- The immense and untapped opportunities represented by the region’s product/waste materials supply
- …and more
Brianna Bishop, Economic Transformation Analyst, Vancouver Economic Commission
- Felix Böck, Founder and CEO, ChopValue Manufacturing Ltd.
- Tom Boddez, Partner, Active Impact Investments
- Amelia Eleiter, CEO & Co-Founder, Debrand
How to Register
This is a Vancouver Startup Week event!
All-access Vancouver Startup Week pass holders will be able to access this event on Whova. Check out Vancouver Startup Week‘s website to learn more and register today.
Be sure to use the promo code VSWFans for a discount!