Vancouver’s local circular economy is gaining momentum, and this three-part webinar series has something for everyone on the journey.
Are you interested in creating a circular venture? Is the business you own or work at considering a circular transformation? This October, the Vancouver Economic Commission (VEC) and Vancity Credit Union are co-hosting a three-part series on the local Vancouver circular economy. The webinar series coincides with the expansion of Synergy Foundation’s circular incubator, Project Zero, to the Lower Mainland for the first time.
Each session highlights different aspects of Vancouver’s regional circular economy, featuring the local landscape and flourishing circular businesses, tools to help businesses adopt circularity, and the opportunity to hear from successful early-stage ventures from Project Zero itself — just in time for Project Zero’s intake applications to open, if you’re hooked on building a circular economy business.
Sessions and Presenters
1. Introduction to Vancouver’s Circular Economy
October 1 | 8:30 AM
The first webinar will introduce the circular economy in Vancouver, outlining different areas of practice and growth in the local landscape. Three local businesses will share their story in circularity.
- Rosemary Cooper from The Share Reuse Repair Initiative
- Marc Wandler from Susgrainable
- Carolyn Bailey from Quadrogen
- Adam Corneil from Unbuilders
2. Tools for the Circular Economy
October 15 | 8:30 AM
The second webinar will highlight local tools in the circular economy to help businesses make the transition or further their circularity.
- Tracy Casavant from the National Industrial Symbiosis Program,
- Colienne Regout from Look4Loops
- Dr. Love-Ese Chile from Grey to Green Sustainable Solutions and Regenerative Waste Labs
- Paul Shorthouse from Delphi Group and GLOBE Series
3. Project Zero Circular Economy Ventures
October 29 | 8:30am
The third webinar will feature Synergy Foundation, highlighting Project Zero, the eight-month circularity venture program and past ventures who have completed the program.
- Jen Fraser from Synergy Foundation
- Project Zero Alumni: Ashley Howe from SUPPLY Victoria, Dylan Smith from Ergo Eco Solutions and Laska Paré from Flipside Plastics
How to Register
Join us for one, two, or all three webinars in the series. We look forward to your comments, bold ideas, and questions! This is a free event.