Angel 101 Basecamp Curriculum
By now you’ve probably watched Dragon’s Den or Shark Tank. It is easy to come to the conclusion that there is a lot of drama in investing (yes, for the show’s ratings) and you need a ton of money (not!). So how do you determine what to invest in?
If you are interested in learning about investing in start-ups then the Angel 101 BaseCamp is for you. Seasoned investors will delve into angel investing where you will learn the do’s and don’ts of investing in this asset class. During the two evening session we cover critical steps on your path to becoming a more sophisticated angel investor in the early stage startup ecosystem.
We have conducted this training across Canada and in many countries in Asia, The Caribbean, and Latin America.
Who should participate?
Those new to Angel Investing or those currently looking to expand their knowledge on early stage investing.
Content will include, but not limited to:
- How did Angel Investment begin?
- Introduction to startups, the rise of technology as a sector and the investment landscape
- Typical portfolio returns and structure
- Building an investment thesis
- Theory of early stage investment
- The funding ecosystem – Private (Angel) Capital Overview
- Basic terms and ‘phraseology’ we use in the sector
- Angel investing in Canada and BC specifically
Interested in Attending?
Register today and reserve your place.
Date: April 11 & May 22 (two day program)
Time: 6:00 -9:00 PM BOTH DAYS
Breaks: To be scheduled throughout the evening