BC Chamber of Commerce Business Impact Survey, March 18, 2020
3,000 responses from Southwest BC/Mainland region
of businesses surveyed have been impacted by COVID-19
of businesses impacted are reporting a significant negative impact
expect their revenues will drop by 50% or more
New & Noteworthy
1. Province Launches COVID-19 Supply Hub: an online platform to co-ordinate, source and expedite medical supplies and personal protective equipment (PPE) for provincial health authorities to support front-line health workers fighting COVID-19. Companies looking to offer support or supplies can do so here.
2. Essential Services Defined: the Ministry of Public Safety outlined several measures under the Emergency Program Act to ensure a coordinated response to preserve essential goods and services for the duration of the provincial emergency Learn more.
3. How Speedy Government Funding is Facilitating Unprecedented Research: We are witnessing the sheer agility that governments and funding bodies can achieve during crises. We are also experiencing firsthand the corresponding speed of innovation made possible by adequately resourced minds and institutions. Read the article.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to unfold, we will continue to work on improving the resilience of Vancouver’s diverse, low-carbon economy by:
- sharing relevant information and resources with the business community
- working with strategic partners to understand impacts to business
- and working together to develop a Vancouver-centric economic recovery strategy.
Need to talk to someone?
If you are a resident or business looking for more information, there are number of service lines that have been made available.
- City of Vancouver: 3-1-1 for non-medical information related to COVID-19. If you’re a business, the City also has a business support inquiry form
- Province of British Columbia: 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319), available 7 days a week from 7:30AM-8:00PM
- WorkplaceBC Prevention Information Lines: 604 276-3100 (Lower Mainland), toll-free 1-888-621-7233 (1-888-621-SAFE) (Canada)
- Government of Canada: 1-833-784-4397 (or email email@example.com, or review frequently asked questions)